Friday, March 07, 2008

The Ultimate Blog Party!!

Ultimate Blog Party 2008

Welcome to my blog!!

For those of you that don't know me, I'm Gloria, married and a mom to a teenage daughter. (Guess you probably saw that stuff in my About Me section, didn't you? Well I'm new to all this and a bit nervous so I'm just not sure what to say .:grins:. )

I started this blog way back in 2006 to showcase and give away my digital scrapbooking freebies. Then when my husband went to Iraq I kind of lost interest in a lot of my hobbies and the scrap freebies and the blog fell by the wayside. Well my husband is back safe and sound from Iraq, so with less things to worry about, I started picking up some hobbies again. I've dabbled a bit with the scrapping but my newest adventure is with photography. My husband bought me a Sony H9 for our anniversary. You'll see I have photos in most of my posts, I do a lot of practicing :)

I've gotten addicted to doing memes as you may have noticed. I think they are a good way to get to know people. Most of mine are photography related, but I have seen some others I've liked. I've never been tagged though, maybe I haven't been around long enough for that....

I've been working on making my blog better and more friendlier, so if you keep checking in, you'll see good things I hope.

So take a look around, meet Mischief my dog, and my daughter Leanna, and even see an OLD picture of me. (There are no recent pics of me on the site, I can't find any I like, lol.)

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you and hopefully making some new friends :)

Jump on over to 5 Minutes For Mom to catch up with the rest of the party goers. See you there :)

OH!! I forgot to tell you about the prizes! This party has some awesome prizes. Since I don't have any little ones running around some of the prizes wouldn't pertain to me, but here are some of my favorites.

91 - Burt's Bees Naturally ageless skincare, provided by Geggie.
58 - Customized 6 Week Fitness Plan, provided by Cindy Posey at Go Workout Mom.
113 - Arbonne Pampering Basket, provided by The Truest Thing.

I also would love to win any of these, in no particular order:
60, 70, 46, 21, 39, 45, 114, 124, and 152.

See you around, I'm going blog hopping!

20 comments:

ReviewsbyHeidi said...

Hi, Gloria!
Just stopping by while I'm out party-hopping this afternoon.
It's nice to meet you. I'm so glad your hubby is back home, safe and sound. Please tell him I said "thanks" for serving his country!
Stop by my blog~ I've got a contest going on, in addition to my party!
Heidi
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/ReviewsbyHeidi

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your husband is back safely, too. Mine is away serving right now, too. I can totally understand hobbies getting put by the wayside. Glad you are getting back to normal.

Happy Party!

Anonymous said...

Hi Gloria

Thanks for stopping in to my party. Did you enjoy the rum punch on my patio :-) I'll stop by again soon.

mzzterry said...

Hi Gloria!! Nice to meet you.

Thanks for hosting the BLOG PARTY.
I invite you to stop by & visit me too!

I saw on your blog you have fibro, so do I (as well as MS), so we have something in common!! We can swap stories!

Michie said...

Hi - I'm a paper scrapper, I don't know anything about digital scrapbooking, but it sounds like it could be addicting!

Jinxy and Me said...

Hi! I'm just doing a little party blog-hopping. I like your Wordless Wednesday picture - it's very interesting!!! Stop on over and vist me during the party....http://thriftyjinxy.blogspot.com/ Have a great weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're husband is back, I can't imagine what it'd be like to have a loved one overseas. I really want to get into scrapbooking when i find the time!

Melanie said...

I love your blog, I'm so glad I stopped by. Enjoy the party!!
Our Happy Happenings
Livin' With Me

Anonymous said...

You have some great pictures on your site and some wonderful stories.

Thanks for stopping by during the party!!

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

so nice to meet you. thanks for stopping by my party. :) have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your beautiful photos!!!!!

Partying along at Goodies for Mom.

Write From Karen said...

Hi Gloria!

How are you? I'm so glad you joined the party! Don't be nervous, we're a FRIENDLY bunch and I'm so glad I stumbled onto your blog.

I clicked over and saw the picture of you and your brother - aren't you two cute!! Wouldn't it be great if we could hang on to that innocence?

Have a wonderful time at the party!

Write From Karen

Shawna said...

Thanks for stopping by Teen Lit Review. I love taking pictures, too, although I wouldn't necessarily call it a hobby. Most of my posts have pictures, too. Well, on my personal blog anyway: http://scampsplace.blogspot.com

BTW, our daughters' have the same name, but I call my daughter Scamp in blog world. Please stop by Scamp's Place if you get a chance.

Anonymous said...

It's so nice to meet you - great pictures, too - I'm so glad that you came to the party and please, tell your husband I said, "Thank you!"

Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Happy Blog Party. Hello, Gloria. Thank you for stopping by Go Workout Mom. I think taking up photography would be so neat. Maybe one of these days. It's nice to meet you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by.
I've seen a couple of other women who do digital scrapbooking too and it looks interesting. I may have to give it a try.
I'm going to have to stop back by when I can read a little more.

Julie Donahue said...

Thanks for visiting my party! :)

Unknown said...

Hi and lovely to meet you.

We share a few passions - digi-scrapping and photography. I see you take part in lots of photography memes - I need to check some of those out. I sometimes do Her Space : My Space - have you seen it?

I have never created any digital items though - that is great that you can do that too.

Anonymous said...

Hello, nice to meet you. Welcome to the party, even though we are coming to the end. I scrapbook too, but not digi... hopefully I will see you again soon.

Sprittibee said...

I've given up trying to get to every blog. :) I love photography and scrapbooking, too! Your blog title caught my eye in that long list! Nice to run in to you at the party before the clock strikes 12!

Better get back to my carriage before it turns in to a pumpkin!

Visit my party post at:
http://sbees.blogspot.com/2008/03/blog-party-egg-stravaganza.html

I'm giving away some Pysanka Easter Egg Sleeves that are fun to decorate your eggs with and very pretty (Russian and Ukranian designs).

Related Posts with Thumbnails