Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Job Interview

After not working for 3 years and going to school full time, the time has come for me to get a job. I applied at our local social services office about a month ago, and on Friday they called me for an interview!

Of course I wasn't home when she called, so I have to call her back to set up a time....

But now I have to get ready for this interview. This is really important to me, it will be my first job in the field I am going to school for, Human Services.

So I went on the Internet and got some tips.

Job Interview Tips

1. Practice typical interview questions. Here's a page with a bunch of good ones.... Interview Questions

2. Prepare to answer the question, "What do you know about this company?"

3. Dress appropriately and bring a notepad and pen/pencil. Here's a site that details what not to wear on an interview.

4. Be 5 to ten minutes early

5. Stay calm and pay attention to the interviewers questions. Forgetting the question as you try to answer it would be very embarrassing :)


I'm still pretty nervous about the whole thing, but I do feel a bit better now. I'll let you know how it goes :)

To see what others are talking about today, head over to The Lazy Organizer.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

It sounds to me like you've taken the time to prepare as much as you can, so I'm sure the interview will go well. Good luck!

Rebecca said...

Great job in doing so much prep work. My mom got a job once because she was the only interviewer who had actually researched the company (which took all of looking up their website) to see what they were all about. Getting prepared can pay off. Wish you the best!

Anonymous said...

great tips!

Related Posts with Thumbnails